Vice Dean of the Faculty of Health Care
Contact No. (++359 64) 804 848;
(++359) 0898 687 818; (++359 64) 886 242
Date and place of birth:
25.02.1950 in the village of Cherni Vit, Lovec district
Education, qualification, professional experience:
- Higher Medical Institute – Sofia (1974);
- Intern-surgeon at Regional Hospital, Lovec (1975);
- Assistant (1976), senior assistant (1982), head assistant (1986) at the Department of Propedeutics of Surgery Diseases, Medical University – Pleven.
- Doctoral thesis on the topic: “Operationally technical and medically social problems with patients having intestinal stoma” (1991);
- Associate professor and head of department of Oncology (1993).
- Head of Center of Oncology (1996), Specialty of General Surgery (1981) and Oncology (1999);
- Specialization courses: University of Wurzburg (1988), (1995), (1997), University of Haidelberg (1995), University of Berlin (1993, 1994, 1995, 1997, 2001, 2002), University Clinic of Surgery in Vienna (2003)
- Vice-Rector of Science at Medical University – Pleven (1995 – 2003)
Scientific and lecturer’s background:
- Delivers lectures in General Surgery, Oncological Surgery and Oncology;
- Publications made in Bulgarian (58) and foreign magazines (7).
- Holder of the Award for Best Poster at the International Congress of Oncology, Athens, June, 1997.
- Scientific interests: Cancer of the gastrointestinal tract; Breast cancer; Lymph system and cancer;
- Rationalizations (8);
- Monographs (2);
- Co-author of a textbook and a monograph, editor-in-chief of a monograph;
- Scientific adviser of three PhD students.
- Member of several editorial staffs: Editor’s Council of Surgery magazine (2003), Editor’s Council of Communications for Better Health Bulletin, published by Medical University – Pleven (2003); Chairman of the editorial staff of Medical University – Pleven.
Membership in scientific organizations:
- Vice-chairman of the Bulgarian Association of Surgery and a Chairman of the branch of the association in Pleven (till 2002).
- Bulgarian Association of Gastroenterology
- Union of Scientists in Bulgaria
- Bulgarian Medical Association
- IGSC (International Gastrosurgical Club)
- ICS (International College of Surgery)
- B.U.O.N. (Balkan Union of Oncology)
- ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology)
- International Biographical Center, Cambridge – nomination for Outstanding Europeans of the 21st Century 2003.