REGISTRATION AND ABSTRACT SUBMISSION ARE NOW OPEN!
A little time will pass, and we will meet at the XXV National Congress of the Bulgarian Anatomical Society with International Participation. This is a good opportunity for professionals in the field as a place where researchers can exchange the latest research results, disseminate information about new technologies, and pursue the challenge of new discoveries and breakthroughs. Today, the role and importance of innovative ideas and discoveries are increasing. And it is equally important to be able to use them in purposes of development of economics. But we should not forget the experience of our predecessors and their contribution to the development of science.
On behalf of the Organizing Committee and Bulgarian Anatomical Society, it is my pleasure to invite you to the XXV National Congress of the Bulgarian Anatomical Society with International Participation in Pleven, Bulgaria, from 28th to 30th May 2021.
I hope that the XXV National Congress would be professionally fruitful and personally enjoyable experience for all who attend, and I look forward to seeing you there.
Stefan Trifonov, MD, PhD Associate Professor
Head of Anatomy, Cytology, Histology and Biology Department
Faculty of Medicine
In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, the Organizing Committee of this Congress value the health and safety of all participants and speakers above anything else and are preparing this Meeting accordingly.
Provided that the pandemic situation permits, we will continue to prepare to hold the XXV National Congress of the Bulgarian Anatomical Society with International Participation on-site in Pleven.
However, should in-person meetings and presentations in Pleven become difficult, we would stand by to consider other presentation options to offer true interactive experiences through online/hybrid technologies with participants from across the world.
The details will be announced as soon as they are determined.
At the time of abstract submission, you are not required to decide to present your work either in a real or virtual setting. You will be asked about your presentation options through a questionnaire after acceptance of your abstract.
REGULATIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
The scientific reports will be presented at the time of the Congress as plenary lectures by speakers invited by the Organizing Committee. Oral presentations and E-posters would be presented by other delegates.
The time allotted for speakers for oral presentations is 15 minutes each, including discussion. However, this may change depending on the number of abstracts being submitted.
The time allotted for speakers for oral presentations is 10 minutes each, including discussion. However, this may change depending on the number of abstracts being submitted.
- The E-poster should be prepared using Microsoft PowerPoint. Set properly the page size and orientation: (Design>Slide Size>On-screen Show 16:9) and (Orientation>Slides: Landscape).
- The text should be clear and concise. Please use Calibri, Arial (sans-serif) or standard Times New Roman font. Minimum suggested font size is: 20 points; and 24 points for titles.
- One-colour background is recommended.
- Make sure your text and background have a large contrast.
- Save the presentation as a “ppt” or “pptx” file.
CONGRESS MAIN TOPICS:
- Cellular and molecular anatomy
- Anatomical variation
- Neuroanatomy and neuroscience
- Clinical and surgical anatomy
- Physical and paleo anthropology
- Anatomy education and training
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ABSTRACT PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION
- The abstract should not exceed 250 words.
- The abstract should be submitted as a text file saved in Microsoft Word 2003 and newer versions. The entire text should be typed, using font Times New Roman, 12 points; double spaced with margins 2.5 cm wide on standard A4; left aligned.
- The title should be concise and informative, representing the content of the summary. Avoid using abbreviations in the title.
- Names of author(s). Full first name, middle-name initials, and last name of all authors.
- State the author's (authors') affiliation addresses (where the actual work was done) below the names. Indicate all affiliations with an upper-case superscript digit (number) immediately after the author's name and in front of the appropriate address. The name and institution of the first author (and other authors of the same institution) should not bear any number.
- Corresponding Author – phone number and e-mail address of the author.
- The abstract should briefly state the purpose of research, principal results, and major conclusions.
- The summary should not include tables or figures.
Title: Conversations and practice of applied anatomy to create an art installation
Lead by: Prof Partha Vaiude, Prof Caroline Wilkinson & Mark Roughley
The delegates for this workshop will be organised to create diverse groups that have a significant inter-disciplinary mix. They will be given a variety of sculptural materials and anatomical resources (including cadaveric), training and artistic inspiration to help them create facial subunits. The exercises will harness the knowledge and skills of the delegates to work collaboratively. All levels of students and professionals will have an opportunity to explore, learn and refine their understanding of the face; contributing their individuality in a unique journey culminating in an art instillation.
The object of the workshop is to:
- Network with a diverse group of people at different stages of their training/career.
- Learn/refine facial anatomy (traditional, clinical and anthropological).
- Immerse in forensic anthropological reconstructive techniques.
- Explore artistic perspectives of the face derived from different non-medical disciplines.
- Make a lasting contribution to the University of Pleven Anatomy-Art Installation.
It is envisaged that the workshop will work as a stimulus to initiate collaborations and lasting relationships that bridge medical sciences and art.
The workshop can hold 30 delegates.
Please click on the "REGISTER NOW" button to register for the meeting. During the registration process presenting authors would be required to upload their abstract as MS Word file in “doc” or “docx” format. If you are not the presenting author, please fill in only the Abstract title and Workshop participation sections and the rest leave only with a "+" or any other symbol.
Fee (including tax)
60 BGN / 30 EUR (1 oral presentation/E-poster)
70 BGN / 35 EUR (2 oral presentations/E-posters)
Participant's registration fee includes: Access to all sessions and Exhibition hall; Program and Abstract books; Certificate; Workshop Certificate, Coffee breaks; Opening Ceremony cocktail; Official dinner.
All bank remittance charges are to be paid by the registrants.
The sender’s name should be the registrant’s name.
XXV National Congress of Bulgarian Anatomical Society
UNITED BULGARIAN BANK
Account No. in BGN
BG98 UBBS 8888 3118 3072 00
Account No. in EUR
BG23 UBBS 8888 3418 3072 40
3rd KOSTA HADZHIPAKEV STR., 5800 PLEVEN, BULGARIA
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
- In terms of publishing in the Journal of Biomedical & Clinical Research (Suppl.) all submission forms and summaries should be sent online until 15.03.2021.
- The Scientific Committee will approve your participation (with oral or E-poster presentation) until 15.04.2021.
- Registration fee payment confirming your conference participation ends on 30.04.2021.
- Official opening ceremony and cocktail: 28.05.2021.
- Official dinner: 29.05.2021.
The Congress will be held in “Ambroise Paré” and “Galen” halls at the Telecommunication University Endoscopic Center (TELEC), Medical University – Pleven, Bulgaria
Address: 1st “St. Kliment Ohridski” str., Pleven 5800, Bulgaria
Congress website: www.mu-pleven.bg/ncbas
Hotel reservations are made by the participants (when you make your reservation, please state that you are participant in the XXV National Congress of Bulgarian Anatomical Society). The Organizing Committee, offers participants and guests of the event special conditions for accommodation in the following hotel:
85, Russe Blvd., 5800 Pleven
Phones: + 359 64 80 37 00; +359 64 82 22 15; +359 878 78 09 61
Single room: 60 BGN (breakfast incl.)
Double room: 90 BGN (breakfast incl.)
Suite: 120 BGN (breakfast incl.)